An Entrepreneurial Lullaby: The Reid Hoffman Edition
“Take intelligent and bold risks to accomplish something great. Build a network of alliances to help you with intelligence, resources and collective action. Pivot to a breakout opportunity.” — Reid Hoffman (@quixotic) (founder of LinkedIn, entrepreneur, investor, strategist)
Reid Hoffman shares words of wisdom in his recently published book, The Startup of You. So brilliantly and eloquently said, so fundamentally true that it applies not only to entrepreneurship but to life in general. This is the lullaby that should be sung to every child before they float away to dreamland.
I had the pleasure of meeting Reid at a private reception being giving for him by Mayor Mike Bloomberg (I was an invited guest of the Mayor). I have to say, I’ve heard a lot of things about Reid (all nice, by the way) but after talking with him and experiencing how he thinks and engages people, it seems his success in life was likely a forgone conclusion long before even he realized it. Very kind and generous with his brain capital (ideas).
- Be the entrepreneur of your own life: Reid Hoffman at TED2012 (ted.com)
- SUCCESS SECRETS OF REID HOFFMAN: Be The CEO Of Your Own Career (businessinsider.com)
- LinkedIn Founder Shares Advice: ‘Take Intelligent Risks’ (mtv.com)
- Facebook (Eye)PO: Early Investor Reid Hoffman on Mission Vs. Payday (allthingsd.com)
- The Facebook IPO Players Club: Reid Hoffman (fastcompany.com)