News & Politics
Founders of Instagram Mike Krieger (@MikeyK) and Kevin Systrom (@KEVIN). They’re like a bride and groom the morning after their wedding — the struggle of the past year behind them, a hopeful future ahead of them and all of the world waiting to see when and what they’re going to do next. This morning, after Facebook acquired their company for one billion dollars, the founders undoubtedly have an after-glow that can light up the galaxy. Hope they’re capturing every moment. (Above photo of the founders taken with Instagram).
I ignored him. He was like dozens of other middle-aged white men in suits who walk into Starbucks, Columbus Circle, early in the morning: rushed, in need of a caffeine fix and avoiding all non-essential conversation.
Go on. You know you want to apply to be the former president’s social media whiz so that you and Obama’s social media strategist can become BFFs with Obama’s social media strategist and swap witty tweets. Here are the qualifications:
|This position is responsible for helping drive the social media and online marketing strategy for the Clinton Foundation. It is dedicated to the promotion of the Clinton Foundation’s work to the online and social media audience with an emphasis on substantial increased engagement on our online properties and within the social media sphere.
- Present comprehensive strategic online and social media ideas – in connection with other existing marketing, communication, and development campaigns.
- Provide direction and relevant insights that will guide social media efforts – independent of existing campaigns.
- Apply knowledge to help develop social media marketing that add value to preserving brand identity.
- Synthesize and analyze Clinton Foundation engagement and present weekly reports.
- Monitor trends in social media and marketing and manage Clinton Foundation social media accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and train Clinton Foundation staff on protocol and social media policy.
- Bachelors Degree in Communication. Social media emphasis preferred
- 2-5 years experience performing social/digital marketing for and NGO, agency, or corporation.
- Deep understanding of online and social media communities in non-profit space.
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline, collaborative environment and have deep knowledge of social media technologies, platforms, and services.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and in a very fast paced environment.
- Understanding of online design trends.
- Programming preferred.
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The William J. Clinton Foundation & Office of President Clinton are Equal Opportunity Employers. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.