DISCLAIMER: I have no problem with robots taking over the world. As a matter of fact, if robots cleaned up the mess human beings have made of the planet, I’d lobby to get them hefty salaries, full health benefits and tickets to the Oscars.
Dan Zarrella (@DanZarrella) (Viral Marketing Scientist at Hubspot and author of “The Social Media Marketing Book” and The Facebook Marketing Book) studies the data, numbers, trends, etc., behind social media to give us a deeper understanding of it — he is a Social Media Scientist. His popular blog Social Media Scientist is full of unique, fascinating content on his research findings.
Below, Dan gives a talk at Harvard on the science of social media. It’s a damn good presentation wherein he busts quite a few myth bubbles (like our thinking that only “good’ ideas go viral). Worth the click.
[iframe: src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/19228431″ width=”640″ height=”300″ frameborder=”0”]
- Book Review: The Facebook Marketing Book by Dan Zarrella and Alison Zarrella (seattlepi.com)
- The Facebook Marketing Book by Dan And Alison Zarrella [REVIEW] (a2sm.com)
- HubSpot TV – Retweet Treats with Guest Dan Zarrella (hubspot.com)
If the title of this post made you the slightest bit excited then you are most definitely a geek (as am I). And if you geeked out to Carl Sagan while he was alive, then you’re also an “old school geek” (the kind who wore khaki pants, Hush Puppies, corduroy blazers with pocket protectors and spit complex mathematical equations the way Jay Z spits rhymes) — in which case, this post is dedicated to you.
If you’re a Nouveau-nerd (the kind who gets laid regularly BECAUSE you’re an educated misfit like Jeff Zuckerberg and, hence, marginally cool), fret not, you too can geek out old school style in Carl Sagan gear. The crazy kids over at NerdBoyfriend.com have reconstructed Carl Sagan’s nerd-uniform for us to emulate (and we will… we will).
- Carl Sagan, A Man Ahead of His Time (lockergnome.com)
- Sagan: We Humans Are Capable of Greatness (milkandcookies.com)
- The Perplexed Observer : Celebrating COSMOS! (theperplexedobserver.blogspot.com)
- Hawking, Sagan and Clarke on God, The Universe And Everything Else (singularityblog.singularitysymposium.com)